Sometimes you see the corny line posted in different places -- We Are Better Together. And yes it sounds super corny BUT it IS true!! Our success so far is a result of the hard, hard work of:
- our custodians (who are scrubbing and disinfecting in their sleep now),
- our Educational Assistants (who have helped students adjust to our new normal),
- our teachers (who have worked hard to engage students and create a passion for learning despite COVID),
- our secretary (who has answered the doorbell at least 100 times so far)
- our parents (who do daily screening and really took a big step in allowing their kids to return)
- our community (for encouraging us on and continuing to care for Lomond Community School), and
- our students (who have grabbed on to new routines and dug in to prove they are resilient and strong).
I don't define success as no COVID cases (although this is TOP priority). I define it as our school being able to adjust, pivot and pursue learning in the midst of the pandemic. I see success in one of our students learning 27 sight words, another explaining what 10 partners are, another spelling his first and last name, another knocking out 3 new novels already, another transitioning back into school after harvest with ease, another laughing at a English video, another learning photography and showing a new talent, another teaching a math lesson to a peer, another working extra hours to conquer physics, and our success stories go on....
Thanks for a great start to the year team!! We Really Are Better Together!!